Re: [Adonthell-general] New Mailing List

From: Kai Sterker
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:37:08 +0100

On Wednesday 06 February 2002 21:20, you wrote:

> Isn't adonthell-general already made for this purpose? I don't think we
> can suppress mailing lists after creation, creation a new one should be
> subject to discussion IMO. Especially when it's about a so precise topic
> - I mean we can also use tags in the subject to precise what we will be
> talking about, if needed for mail readers to sort mails.

That's true of course, but I think in this case the exception is justified. I
mean, a minigame as such has little to do with the main game, except that it
is played by the characters in the game with means the gameworld provides.

But the ideas and rules behind are pretty much unrelated to everything else,
and people involved in the design and creation might not want to follow
dozens of 'harcore' Adonthell discussions.

However, I promise that I won't start a new ML for every new thread ;).

Anyway, although we can't delete a ML after it is created, we can make it
private, which is nearly as good.

> By the way. Most of the mails about the game go to adonthell-devel.
> Since everything isn't programming related, how about posting
> non-programming mails to adonthell-general? The discussion about the
> fighting engine, the controls, etc... would take place there, while the
> devel list discusses about their implementation. That way the balance
> between the two lists will be better.

Good idea. My summary on magic will go to the general list then.

Kai