[Adonthell-general] About the rules

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] About the rules
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:26:00 +0200

I just had a read at the rules. First, let me say that I am impressed at
how clear and well redacted they are. They are as pleasant as read as
the Library section of the web site, which makes me think that maybe we
should latex2htmlize them and make them available in html form on the
web site (they are written with LaTeX, aren't they?).

One note however (I hope I am not redundant with what has been said
before, as I don't have the other mails here):

Maybe the ranges could be larger. Like, say, the -5/+5 for the
alignment. Of course, it wouldn't change much about the game itself, but
would somehow make the game more sensitive (I think about the
progression of the value - it's much easier to remove one unit to a big
number than waiting for several bad actions to be done to decrease a
small one). It wouldn't hurt neither if we use adjectives instead of raw
numbers when these values are presented to the player.

But in the end, it really looks professional - great job guys!

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org