Re: [Adonthell-general] Website updates

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Website updates
Date: 01 Jul 2002 00:55:57 +0200

Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden> writes:

> Just looked at it - how comes there are plenty of
> "$TARGET_DIRECTORY/root/" everywhere? From what I understand, if would
> install Adonthell in a totally separated, isolated place of the system,
> right?

Yep, the scripts acts completly independet from the rest of the
system, so no root privileges or anything special is required. The
disadvantage is that it might download unnecessary stuff, so if you
have the correct ogg/vorbis version installed, it will still download
its own (in theorie it could be possible to combine that with checks
from autoconf and avoid unnecessary stuff).

The main advantage is that you can easily install the game to a
dedicated directory without messing up the rest of your system, /usr/
and /usr/local/ will stay untouched.

> And now the 2c question: Has anyone already tested it? ^_^ Hehe.

Works for me[tm], at least on Debian Woody and Potato.

--
Advent:     http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/advent/
Feuerkraft: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/feuerkraft/