[Adonthell-general] Mandrake Cooker - adonthell-wastesedge...mdk.rpm

From: Doug Laidlaw
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Mandrake Cooker - adonthell-wastesedge...mdk.rpm
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 06:50:45 +1100

I finally downloaded the 2 RPMs  They consist of "adonthell" and
"adonthell-wastesedge" corresponding to adonthell and wastesedge
respectively.  They are comparable sizes to the two available from the
Adonthell download page. The version is 3.3.1.

I installed them together.  They installed OK, and put an item called
"Adonthell - Waste's edge" on the menu under "Amusements - Adventure" along
with NetHack Falcon's Eye.  The icon is an emerald green oval stone under
KDE, a bag of such stones under GNOME.

At first the program wouldn't run.  The "adonthell" executable and the
"adonthell-wastesedge" script are installed in /usr/games, and the script
hadn't been modified accordingly.  After I fixed this up, it ran O.K,
starting in windowed mode.  There is no executable called "wastesedge" that
responds to the "which" or "whereis" commands, but it all works. I couldn't
detect any difference from the previous RPMs.

The directory /usr/games is not in the user's PATH.  During my investigations
I started it from the command line while in the /usr/games directory.  It
started in fullscreen mode, using my previous config file.

Doug.