[Adonthell-general] website status

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] website status
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:43:30 +0100

I finally got an answer from linuxgames.com's Marv:

bad news is that I have turned off cgi and I will not be turning them back on.
  People were doing some serious abuse with them.
  We do support php/mysql though.

So I will move our dynamic stuff to use PHP/mySQL instead. Shouldn't be too hard, as having a real database will simplify many things that had to be done manually with the former Perl/ASCII files solution :-). It also gives me the long awaited chance to actually do something with PHP.

Anyway, since the transition will probably take a few days, I'll add the latest news and such as static content for the time being and also disable the download counters. That way, the website won't make such a bad impression on people visiting. Once the dynamic stuff works again, I'll tell you, so you can finally update you dev diary :-).

Kai