[Adonthell-general] Races and their Items

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Races and their Items
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:57:14 -0600 (CST)

I have a conundrum which I'm not sure how to unravel: I am wondering how
Half-Elves make or acquire items of power which are also in keeping with
their way of life. I know that the Elves can magick items, that the
Dwarves also can in their own round-about way, but I wonder about
Half-Elves. Their ability to empower themselves and others is basically
temporary. This seem to put them at a disadvantage in gameplay, unless
they have access to Elvish artifacts which would suit their way of life.
Of course, since both Half-Elves and Elves are slight, it is unlikely that
Elvish armorers of yore took much trouble to make armor which Half-Elves
couldn't wear. But still, I think that Half-Elves would prefer leather
armor, which Elves might not bother to craft or empower, given the
comparative fragility of the material. I've even thought of a way for
Half-Elves to make their own permanently poweful items, but that would
seem to defeat the purposes of having such varied gifts for the four
races. If they can all do the same things in different ways, they are far
more alike than different.

--
Andrew Phillips
God Bless Our Troops