Re: [Adonthell-general] I'm back

From: ksterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] I'm back
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:12:40 +0200

Von: Andrew Michael Phillips
Datum: Montag, 13. September 2004, 20:19

Hi Andrew! Welcome back!

> Y'all,
> I wanted to apologize for dropping out for the best part of a year.

No need for that :). Seeing that you are back is so much better than any
apology! I hope that you recover fully and find a good job soon!

As I'm not sure how closely you were following development, I'll give you a
short summary. I wish we had achieved more, but a lot of small steps will also
take us there eventually.

* Code to represent quests and measure quest completion is in place. There's
support for an automatic log book. An editor for that is on its way.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-devel/2004-07/msg00002.html

* Dlgedit now works with GTK 2.4 and has been moved to its own CVS module. Not
completely finished, though, but usable.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-devel/2004-07/msg00006.html

* Low level event and item code has been added to the v0.4 branch.

> I'm going to start by taking a look at Tanath's song.

Um, yeah. I've neglected that for a while, so it is rather incomplete. But feel
free to comment on it anyway. If you want, I can also give you a summary how I
imagined the whole thing.

As for my state: I'm back at work since yesterday. AC Adapter of the iBook is
still broken, but replacement should be on its way. Next two weekends will be
busy (moving once again), but having paused with development for 3 weeks I'm
eager to spend more time on Adonthell.

Kai