[Adonthell-general] About translation

From: Mathieu Bridon
Subject: [Adonthell-general] About translation
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:08:41 +0100

Hi !

I'm trying to give a hand to Clement with the french translation of
Waste's Edge.

This leads me to think, could the po files be separated ? As it is, it
seems rather complicated to form translation teams, as 2 or more people
can't really work on only one file...

The comments shows that the strings are called from different source
files. I suppose each source file represents a "module" or a section of
the plot.

So it could be good to separate each "section" in a different po file.
This way, different people could work on different parts. Let's say for
example that Clement works on the first par of the game, while I'm
translating the second one. When one of us finishes, he can send his
work to the other, so that playing the game, each one can review the
other's work.

Having separate po files might also help using the CVS repository for
translation (more than one people working on a single file might
generate conflicts hard to resolve).

Only a 10PM thought, don't know if that's possible at all :)

Mathieu

PS: having separate smaller files also makes the translator thinks that
there isn't that much work to do ^^