aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: direction & feedback

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: direction & feedback
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 07:30:52 +0530

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 12:57:16PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > repeat myself again, but do you have any guidance about how
> > to make Aleader more palatable to the academic community?  ;-)

I will implement more of a separation between the science & religion.
Sometimes I don't know how far I need to go with this.

Please nudge me if you see something obvious which I am missing
(like my email sig).

> e.g. how does
> your theory compare/contrast to the OCC model (ortony clore
> and collins)

Yes, I put this at the top of my TODO list.  The problem is
that this book is hard to get in India.  I ordered it, but
it will still take a few weeks to reach me.

> phil agre, last at ucsd, has a great website on intellectual networking.
> if you have trouble finding it lemme know.  i have not read it in at least
> a year, but it was worthwhile.

OK, added to my list.

> anothering thing about making this more palatable to academe...keep
> working with me!

You bet!  I've been working alone for _much_ too long.  It's great
to hear your point of view, even at 30 minute per day.  ;-)

> > One more thing, Nancy Alvarado
>
> wow.  how did you encounter her?

Web surfing.  I found one of her papers.  I read her web site.
I just like her style.  I email'd her some questions.  She
replied helpfully.

> well, i really do have comments on my test run of aleader.  checking out a
> laptop for this purpose takes about 30 minutes as did this response, so
> even though this seems to be going really slowly i think i am sticking to
> my original commitment of about 30 min per day of work.  and that's
> better than a lot of other of my projects are getting.

I remain eager to hear your comments.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://www.nongnu.org/aleader