aleona-devel

[Aleona-devel] Characters

From: Eric Svärd
Subject: [Aleona-devel] Characters
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:49:24 +0200

I'm a longtime Blenderuser from Sweden. Since my C-programming skills are not that good maybe I can help in another area. So my question is:

Is this the kind of character/animation-sprites you would like to have? http://w1.111.telia.com/~u11130178/transformer.avi (DivX4, 475kb)

If that's the case I would be glad to help. I'm not sure if I'd make characters like this very fast since 3d modelling/texturing/animation is very hard and time-consuming. (I.e. this character above took me several hours just to model, and it's not even very detailed) But as I said, I'd gladly help your project as much as I'm willing to do. You should definitely not expect too much thought. ;)

I tried to do a character that looked like the Transformer character on the site. Comments on the style/colors.

BTW I've never really made any character animation before so you can say this wizard-thingy is the first walkcycle I've ever done. And The character is quite hard to animate too since it doesn't have any visible legs. But anyway, my point is, this could be a great opportunity for me to learn character animation. :)

Thanks!

/
        Eric Svärd  (also musician...heavymetal-musician ;)