aleona-devel

Re: [Aleona-devel] Characters

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Aleona-devel] Characters
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:13:27 +0200

Eric Svärd <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, great!...You got an example sprite or something so I can see how
> the lights and shadows (if there are any) are set up and from which
> degrees the character should be rendered from? I mean, so I can do a
> real test-sprite :)

We currently don't have any hard values and the graphics in CVS partly
use different values, which makes them unmixable. Anyway, this thing
might help:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/freecraft/spritehowto/index.html

Light comes from the bottom/right and the camera angles is something
around 62 degree and ortogonal mode. We really need to write a binding
style guide for the graphics one day.

> One more question. How's the animation of the characters done in the
> gameengine? Is there only one big image for each character that is
> cut up in grids for the frames?

One picture with grids of frames is used, having a serie of different
image files is also ok, since one can easily convert that to the other
format.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927