alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] Problem with latest ALSA XMMS ans CVS Versions

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] Problem with latest ALSA XMMS ans CVS Versions
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:44:12 -0400

Hello all:

I just try out both the new ALSA XMMS tarball and the CVS version and
still I am having problems when using it. Here is the error log:

alsa_setup_mixer
Opening device
alsa_setup
Opening device: hw:0,0
Card 0, Device 0, Subdevice 0
start_mode: DATA
xrun_mode: STOP
tstamp_mode: NONE
period_step: 1
sleep_min: 0
avail_min: 2048
xfer_align: 2048
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size: 0
boundary: 1073741824
Hardware PCM card 0 'Sound Blaster Live!' device 0 subdevice -1

Its setup is:
stream       : PLAYBACK
access       : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format       : S16_LE
subformat    : STD
channels     : 2
rate         : 44100
exact rate   : 44100 (44100/1)
msbits       : 16
buffer_size  : 32768
period_size  : 2048
period_time  : 46439
tick_time    : 10000
tstamp_mode  : NONE
period_step  : 1
sleep_min    : 0
avail_min    : 2048
xfer_align   : 2048
start_threshold  : 1
stop_threshold   : 32768
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size : 0
boundary     : 1073741824
Device setup: buffer time: 743038, size: 131072 bytes, bits per sample:
16, frame size: 4
Bps: 176
alsa_setup_mixer
Changing audio format for effect plugin
Unrecognized format 1083018176
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xf4b)!

The strange thing is I don't even have any effect plugin enabled. Down
grading back to 0.9.3 worked. I am on a SuSE linux system with kernel
2.4.19, ALSA 0.9rc3, and XMMS CVS (tried 1.2.7, also). Does anyone know
what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Charles

--
But what can you do with it?  -- ubiquitous cry from Linux-user partner.
(Submitted by Andy Pearce, address@hidden)