apps-gnustep

Re: MusicBox-0.2.9 (fwd)

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: MusicBox-0.2.9 (fwd)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:03:07 +0200

This should have gone to apps-gnustep, too.

On 2002-10-11 08:39:48 -0400 Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden> wrote:

I know it is ugly. :)
I never have chance to make it better since I made it.
It is independent from MusicBox now.
So anyone who is interested can work on it.
My original idea is something like GNOME mixer:
http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/gnome-intro/c0205.html#GMIX
But I have no idea what the mixer looks like in nextstep.
Well, some two weeks ago I started on something similar, but gave it up when I
read that you already have one. I had something similar to the kmix in mind.
I don't know whether there is a mixer in *step or not, but I think we can do it
any way we like as long as we stick to some general interface rules.
Once there was a burning program in *step which looks totally different from
what I have, but I absolutely don't care. I don't want to clone something old,
but create something new. Let's stick with the mixer as it is at the moment. If
I have time I may think about it. But good work, anyway :-)

So much for the cons, now the pros. I like the cddb bundle. I already
integrated it in GSburn and it works fine. I haven't tried the prefs bundle,
yet, but will do so this afternoon. The only problem I had, was that it did not
work with the preset default server. I explicitly had to give it a server name,
buts that's not a real problem.

Hmm.. So you means cddbp://freedb.freedb.org:8880 desn't work.
The Freedb.org said it might be due to the firewall.
Maybe I should change it into http.
Ah, the firewall, I see. Hmm, but at home I don't sit behind a firewall, at
least none I know of.

You can put it anywhere you want.
And if you got any bug-fix for cddb,
please let me know, too. :)