apps-gnustep

Re: MusicBox-0.2.9

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: MusicBox-0.2.9
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:39:48 -0400

From: Andreas Heppel <address@hidden>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:39:52 +0200

Hello Yen-Ju,
On 2002-10-10 13:20:49 -0400 Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden> wrote:

 [snip]
Comments are welcome.
Here they are, the negative ones first. Thus you will be happy when you are finished reading this mesage :-) I haven't tried the mixer's functionality, yet, but only opened the window. I must say this huge panel entirely fails to please my eyes. In short it is ugly.

 I know it is ugly. :)
 I never have chance to make it better since I made it.
 It is independent from MusicBox now.
 So anyone who is interested can work on it.
 My original idea is something like GNOME mixer:
 http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/gnome-intro/c0205.html#GMIX
 But I have no idea what the mixer looks like in nextstep.

So much for the cons, now the pros. I like the cddb bundle. I already integrated it in GSburn and it works fine. I haven't tried the prefs bundle, yet, but will do so this afternoon. The only problem I had, was that it did not work with the preset default server. I explicitly had to give it a server name, buts that's not a real problem.

 Hmm.. So you means cddbp://freedb.freedb.org:8880 desn't work.
 The Freedb.org said it might be due to the firewall.
 Maybe I should change it into http.

I will release the final 0.2.0 of GSburn with cddb this weekend, and if you allow I will put cddb as an additional package on my sourceforge site. Thus, ppl will find everything they need for GSburn in one place. (I won't forget to mention your name ;-).
Thanks for your work.

 You can put it anywhere you want.
 And if you got any bug-fix for cddb,
 please let me know, too. :)