aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Piped mode in Windows

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Piped mode in Windows
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:21:15 +0200

Hi Robert
Am Montag, 25. August 2003 08:23 schrieb Robert Walker:
> Have a couple of suggestions and bug reports.
>
> Suggestions:
>
> %%q = quit from Aspell - so I don't need to terminate it (dll may remain
> loaded after abnormal exit).
Have you ever run aspell in interactive mode (user interface) afaik the
commands to aspell are the same there as in pipe mode so abbort schould be
`b' and quit or exit schould be `x'.

> Idea:
> ^^ = Spell check rest of line as far as first word not in the dictionary
> and return results for that word only.
>
> This is to save time if one wants to skip through to the next
> mis-spelled word in one go.
Hm I do not know how that is done in pipe  mode but what about word which
to aspell do not seem misspelled but are as they do not fit??
Aspell itselve is only a word by word spellchecker and any further
functionality is provided by framework afaik.

> Some users may type 0 (numeral) instead of O (letter). Also, 1 (numeral)
> instead of l (letter) or I (letter). So could be nice to have option you
> can switch on to ignore those distinctions in Aspell. For instance I
> often type word as w0rd.
Hm there are other things too still spliting word instead of combining them
like hyphenation .... so might be while fixing them o 0 and l 1 mixing
could be fixed than too.

> Bug reports:
>
> If you enter the commands to ignore case or accents in piped mode then
> in Windows at least, it exits immediately with abnormal program
> termination.

Do you have an example file to use to test in order to figure out wether
this is a common problem (system independent) or windows only.

cu
Christoph

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christoph Hintermüller
University for Health Informatics and Technology Tyrol