[Aspell-user] Installing aspell on a virtual server

From: Joie de Vivre
Subject: [Aspell-user] Installing aspell on a virtual server
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:24:30 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install aspell on a virtual server (aspell-0.50.1,
Free BSD 4.4 UNIX).

After uploading & unpacking, I tried:

./configure && make
make install--prefix=$HOME

There were no obvious problems to this point. To check if the
installation was successful, I tried :
aspell -v
which gave
aspell: Command not found.

I presume this means there is a problem somewhere, but I've run out
of ideas of where to look. I'm a designer. not a programer so I could
be missing something obvious !

Any suggestions of where the problem may be be would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Dave Taiaroa