Re: [Aspell-user] Installing aspell on a virtual server

From: Olivier Jeannet
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Installing aspell on a virtual server
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:09:55 +0100

Joie de Vivre wrote:

> After uploading & unpacking, I tried:
>
> ./configure && make
> make install--prefix=$HOME
>
> There were no obvious problems to this point. To check if the
> installation was successful, I tried :
> aspell -v
> which gave
> aspell: Command not found.

The aspell executable is probably not in your PATH.
You can see the value of PATH with "echo $PATH".

First you have to find where it is (I guess it is in $HOME/bin),
with "find $HOME -name aspell" for example. Then, if it is in
$HOME/bin, type "PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin" then "export PATH" (this
depends on the shell you use, it may be with "set PATH=...", I was
using the bash shell syntax).

Regards.

--
Olivier Jeannet - Schlumberger (e-Payment Terminals & Systems)
  The words 'Microsoft' and 'trust' only really seem to fit together