Re: [Aspell-user] can't compile aspell 0.60 under cygwin

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] can't compile aspell 0.60 under cygwin
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:56:14 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Randal Walser wrote:

> I'm not having any luck building aspell 0.60 out-of-the-box under
> cygwin with g++ version 3.3.3 (the latest from cygwin).  Ditto with
> version 3.2.  aspell compiles OK with both versions, but neither links
> aspell due to undefined references to aspell_gettext_init and many if
> not all functions in the acommon namespace.  I'm doing an ordinary
> ./configure, with no options, and make.  I tried removing
> libstdc++.la, per the aspell README, to no avail (same result).

I believe that this is a libtool problem.  You might want to to the libtool
people.  I have tried myself with no luck.  I even upgraded to the latest
version of libtool, no change.

If you figure out what is going on please let me know.  Aspell 0.60 is
also having some problems linking on other operating systems which could
be related.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org