Re: [Aspell-user] can't compile aspell 0.60 under cygwin

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] can't compile aspell 0.60 under cygwin
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:47:33 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Randal Walser wrote:
>
> > I'm not having any luck building aspell 0.60 out-of-the-box under
> > cygwin with g++ version 3.3.3 (the latest from cygwin).  Ditto with
> > version 3.2.  aspell compiles OK with both versions, but neither links
> > aspell due to undefined references to aspell_gettext_init and many if
> > not all functions in the acommon namespace.  I'm doing an ordinary
> > ./configure, with no options, and make.  I tried removing
> > libstdc++.la, per the aspell README, to no avail (same result).
>
> I believe that this is a libtool problem.  You might want to to the libtool
> people.  I have tried myself with no luck.  I even upgraded to the latest
> version of libtool, no change.

It turns out that libtool needs the -no-undefined flag.  Try running
configure with:

  ./configure LDFLAGS=-no-undefined ...

You will also need to remove the cygwin hack in common/iostream.hpp.

The next version of Aspell 0.60 should compile cleanly with cygwin
out-of-the-box.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org