[Aspell-user] Multithreaded access to aspell 0.60

From: Brett Wilson
Subject: [Aspell-user] Multithreaded access to aspell 0.60
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:36:50 -0700

Hi,

I have a multithreaded program that makes calls to
aspell_speller_check and aspell_speller_suggest.

The documentation says that these read-only functions should be
thread-safe. But I ran a stress test of continuously hammering both of
these functions from multiple threads, and both of them appear to have
some problems. I am quite sure that I am using multithreaded gcc
libraries.

Does anybody have any suggestions for using aspell in a multithreaded
environment? I have been trying to track down the source of the error
and have had no luck yet.

I use different Speller objects for each thread. Could this be an
issue? Should I only have one global Speller object?

Thanks for any help,
Brett Wilson