Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell LGPL license

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell LGPL license
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:56:12 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Mohammad Samarah wrote:

> Does Aspell offer an LGPL style license so that it can be embedded in a
> commercial application? Are the dictionaries licensed differently than the
> core engine?

Aspell in under the LGPL as it clearly says in the manual.

Each dictionary is under its own copyright.  The English dictionary is
under a much weaker copyright than the LGPL.  Some others or LGPL while
many are GPL.  I do not control the copyright of the dictionaries and
accept anything which meats the FSF definition of "free".

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org