Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell

From: Tierra
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:51:54 -0600

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:47:15 -0500, Steven Stapleton
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, I must be stupid. How do I get it "in the path".
>
> Make sure that Aspell is installed correctly and that it
> is in the path.
> Do an "aspell -v" as "su" to check. If you are still
> having problems post
> to address@hidden

If you've done all the standard installation procedures (ie:
./configure, make, make install), ./configure should of said where
aspell was to be installed. Find the binary, and make sure the
directory it's in is in the path for root (meaning it's listed for the
root user in /etc/profile). If you need to change /etc/profile, make
sure to do a 'source /etc/profile' to update your path.

Bryan Petty