Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell

From: Tierra
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:40:15 -0600

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:30:57 -0500, Steven Stapleton
<address@hidden> wrote:
> yes I did do the standard install per the readme file
> (aspell-0.60) of:
> ./configure && make
> then
> make install
> which seemed to go alright
> I can see where it was installed
> /usr/local/bin
> the aspell prezip and prezip-bin are all there.
> but when I tried to add the EN dict
> the ./configure would not find it with out the --vars
> ./configure --vars ASPELL=/usr/local/bin/ASPELL
> PREZIP=/usr/local/bin/PREZIP
> PREZIP_BIN=/usr/local/bin/PREZIP-BIN
> then I got the
> Finding Dictionary file location ...
> /usr/local/lib/aspell-0.60
> Finding Data file location ... /usr/local/lib/aspell-0.60
>
> BUT
> when I run the make on
> GNU Aspell 0.60 English Dictionary Package
> thats where it errors.
> mail:/usr/local/bin/dict/en root# make
> /usr/local/bin/prezip -d < en-common.cwl |
> /usr/local/bin/aspell  --lang=en create master
> ./en-common.rws
> expr: syntax error
> /usr/local/bin/prezip: line 101: test: 3: unary operator
> expected
> /usr/local/bin/prezip: line 39: prezip-bin: command not
> found
> make: *** [en-common.rws] Error 138
>
> I am installing on a Mac OS 10.3 server which is unix BSD
> based, it uses the bash commands. (thats about all I know
> on unix/linux) other than some base commands i looked up.
> The aspell was recommended by the ComminiGatePro by
> stalker.com as a spell check program that could be used as
> an external referance, so thats where I am at.
>
> The read me file stated that if the commands (./configure,
> make, make install) dont work that they need to be in the
> path.
> I am in the machine as sudo.
>
> not sure how to find the binary on this machine.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven Stapleton
> Network Manager
> Waynesville School Dist R-VI
> 200 GW Lane
> Waynesville, Mo 65583
> 573 774 6401 x 2345

> ./configure --vars ASPELL=/usr/local/bin/ASPELL
> PREZIP=/usr/local/bin/PREZIP
> PREZIP_BIN=/usr/local/bin/PREZIP-BIN

Did you actually use "/usr/local/bin/PREZIP" instead of "/usr/local/bin/prezip"?
There is a difference, and it may not be able to find it because of that.

Try this configure line:
./configure --vars ASPELL=/usr/local/bin/aspell
PREZIP=/usr/local/bin/prezip PREZIP_BIN=/usr/local/bin/prezip-bin

Bryan Petty

P.S. Use "Reply To All" instead of just reply (unless you really do
have something to say to me and me only).