[AUCTeX] install problem

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: [AUCTeX] install problem
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:54:15 +0100

Hi all,

I've installed the CVS emacs (I got a precompiled version from
http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/) and AucTeX 11.55 under Windows XP, as a
first step in order to install preview-latex. Almost everyting went
fine, but I had a small problem that I want to describe here. The TeX
installation that I use is fpTeX and the installation instructions say
that

   you might want to load tex-mik.el (for MikTeX) or tex-fptex (for
   fpTeX) instead. Those will lead to somewhat more appropriate values
   for your system.

I've tried to load tex-fptex.el (notice that the ".el" part is missing
from the AucTeX documentation) but it was nohwere to be found within the
AucTeX directory (unlike tex-mik.el, which was there). In the end, I
found out that there was a tex-fptex.el file in the AucTeX installation
directory, which fortunately I had not yet deleted. I've put it in the
AucTeX directory within the emacs directory, and all went fine.

Have I missed something here?

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos