Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:20:12 +0100

On 15 Jan 2007 at 23:54, David Kastrup wrote:

> I don't see that we have a reasonable chance to stop the whining.
> Obviously not even install-everything-with-one-click will work for
> satisfying people.

Yes. I've learnt about users who don't know what to do with a software
package when there are no file extensions associated to it. But what
extensions to associate to an editor by default? I have about 30
extensions associated to gnuclient. How should the installer know?

I like detailed instructions about the installation options and their
effects rather than an install wizard to screw up my registry. This is
one point for which I personally prefer Emacs+AUCTeX over EmacsW32.

--
Uwe