Re: [AUCTeX] Text corruption

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Text corruption
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:38:06 -0600

On 12/18/2012 04:33 AM, David Kastrup wrote:

[...]

AUCTeX is like democracy.  It leaves an awful lot to be desired, but
everything else ends up being worse.

I've been playing (literally) with Emacs for years, first on the Mac, where for LaTeX I used TeXShop; and then on GNU/Linux, where I originally used TeXmaker and, mainly, TeXworks.

I should say that what made me take the plunge and use AUCTeX for my real job was... org-mode, of which I use maybe about 5% of its features. But AUCTeX ---which I've been using for around four months---..., the more I learn the more I find it indispensable.

Best

Axel