Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:08:14 +0100

Hi Jean-François,

>> To be honest, changing the value of that variable with customize is a
>> bit tricky, because you will miss future changes or new entries made
>> to the default value of that variable (and this was probably the
>> source of your problem).  The best way would be to only *add* custom
>> entries (for example with `add-to-list').
>

> I am aware of that. But I am uneasy with having my most used
> entries relegated to the bottom of the list, where in fact they
> don't even show on my 11" screen and I need to move the mouse
> down.

Ever considered using a completion package like helm?

In addition, are you aware of the fact that C-c C-a automatically runs
the TeX compiler, makeindex and the bibliography engine (bibtex/biber)
as appropriate until the document is ready and if compilation succeeds
automatically opens the viewer?

> Was "Biber" not required ? well I will check out by myself.

No, tex-jp.el doesn't change the entry for biber (maybe because biber
is already utf-8-friendly and doesn't need special treatment).

Bye,
Mosè