Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:05:29 +0100

Hi Joost,

Le 25 janv. 2017 à 10:29, Joost Kremers <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Wed, Jan 25 2017, Mosè Giordano wrote:
>>> I am aware of that. But I am uneasy with having my most used
>>> entries relegated to the bottom of the list, where in fact they
>>> don't even show on my 11" screen and I need to move the mouse
>>> down.
>>
>> Ever considered using a completion package like helm?
>
> While I would second that recommendation (and would throw ivy in as an
> alternative to helm ;-), TAB completion also works without a separate
> package. If the correct option isn't already selected as default (which it
> often is), then typing just the first (few) letter(s), optionally followed by
> TAB, gets you the option you want as well.

Thanks for the tip. I am aware of it, and actually tried in my
custom entries to use distinctive initials, but as mentioned
in other message I am much in the habit to use this feature
only for the already pre-existing "official" entries,

I also like to see visually my custom entries so that I don't
forget how they look like.

Also I very often change the compilation engine for the
same source and I do this from the menu although sometimes
I do use File variables, and I update there and C-cC-n

Best

Jean-François