Re: [AUCTeX] Indent custom env like itemize/enumerate environment

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Indent custom env like itemize/enumerate environment
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 22:51:45 +0200

Thorsten Grothe <address@hidden> writes:

> * Arash Esbati: 05.06.2017 (19:03):
>
> [...]
>
>> you can tell AUCTeX about your environment with these 2 lines:
>>
>>     (LaTeX-add-environments '("multi" LaTeX-env-item))
>>     (add-to-list 'LaTeX-item-list '("multi" . LaTeX-item-argument))
>>
>> The question is where to put these 2 lines, there are some options (and
>> .emacs is not my first choice).  How do you define this environment?
>
> I putted this two line in my .emacs and yes that's no good idea, I got
> an error:
>
> Symbol’s function definition is void: LaTeX-add-environments

Hi Thorsten,

yes, this is the expected behavior: If you solely put those lines into
your init file, Emacs barks since `LaTeX-add-environments' is defined
after latex.el is loaded.

In your other message, you wrote:

> I did not define it myself, it's from the moodle package, see here
>
> https://www.ctan.org/pkg/moodle?lang=de

Thanks.  In this case, my suggestion above doesn't help either.  I'm
afraid you have to write a style file `moodle.el'.  I think you take
most parts from `tcolorboxlib-raster.el'[1] and adapt it for moodle.  Do
want to give it a roll?  You can then submit it to AUCTeX once you're
done.  The same goes for xsim package, of course :-)

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/tree/style/tcolorboxlib-raster.el