Re: [AUCTeX] How to modify TeX-view-program-selection

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to modify TeX-view-program-selection
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 10:47:35 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13 2018, Greg Bognar wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Replacing "zathura" with "Zathura" helps, but also removing the extra pair of parentheses around "((output-pdf "Zathura")):

Yes, of course. I didn't notice that.

(setcdr (assq 'output-pdf TeX-view-program-selection) "Zathura")

This leads to an error:

Wrong type argument: listp, "Zathura"

The value of TeX-view-program-selection:

(((output-dvi has-no-display-manager)
  "dvi2tty")
 ((output-dvi style-pstricks)
  "dvips and gv")
 (output-dvi "xdvi")
 (output-pdf . "Zathura")
 (output-html "xdg-open"))

I guess the problem is the extra period.

Yes. Again, my bad, I was too hasty. If you want to use setcdr (still don't know if there's a need ;-) you should enclose "Zathura" in a list:

(setcdr (assq 'output-pdf TeX-view-program-selection) (list "Zathura"))

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments