Re: [Audio-video] News from Catania on Video recording and photo support

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] News from Catania on Video recording and photo support for Romania
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 12:01:07 -0400

    Giuseppe made for us a 5 hours 25GB HD+ resolution 1440x900 the camera
    output was proprietary format and we converted to a free format, VP8, and
    for the audio Vorbis, in mkv package.

If this is useful, and if we want to distribute it in
audio-video.gnu.org, let's put it there now.  I think it is a mistake
to delay handling one format until the other formats are ready.
That is just asking to lose.

    Beside this i asked him to do a 16GB file, HD resolution, to put
    conveniently in our servers as a torrent , easy to put in a pendive of
    16GB. I nalso requested smaller formats, a 4GB and 700MB video files good
    for any media and for convenient sharing. All will be available in torrent,
    from our Hetzner server(200Mbit/s), and our members PC's, i will ask
    University to feed this toorents too.

As each format is ready, please inform address@hidden

    I will create a long Archival Delkin 200 year disc Blu Ray, with the 25GB
    file, pls advise me where to send it

I don't know whether we have any way to read that kind of disk.
In general we don't use Bluray disk because of their disgusting DRM.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation