Re: [Audio-video] News from Catania on Video recording and photo support

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] News from Catania on Video recording and photo support for Romania
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 00:54:26 +0200

Hello.

On 2014-05-25 at 18:01, Richard Stallman wrote:

> As each format is ready, please inform address@hidden

Indeed; please do.

> [[some person] wrote:]
>
>     Giuseppe made for us a 5 hours 25GB HD+ resolution 1440x900 the camera
>     output was proprietary format and we converted to a free format, VP8, and
>     for the audio Vorbis, in mkv package.
>
> If this is useful, and if we want to distribute it in
> audio-video.gnu.org, let's put it there now.  I think it is a mistake
> to delay handling one format until the other formats are ready.
> That is just asking to lose.

We currently have a lot of free space on audio-video, so we can host a
big file as well.  However I'd propose to replace it later with a
smaller version, when it's ready.

>     Beside this i asked him to do a 16GB file, HD resolution, to put
>     conveniently in our servers as a torrent , easy to put in a pendive of
>     16GB. I nalso requested smaller formats, a 4GB and 700MB video files good
>     for any media and for convenient sharing. All will be available in
> torrent,
>     from our Hetzner server(200Mbit/s), and our members PC's, i will ask
>     University to feed this toorents too.

Good.  For my tastes 4GB still feels a little too large particularly
when streaming in real time, but we can host that as well if you want;
700MB is a good size.

In my view http://audio-video.gnu.org is particularly useful to people
who are not yet familiar with the free software movement, so I think we
should try to make streaming easy.

Regards,

--
Luca Saiu      http://ageinghacker.net