Re: autoconf test ': >emtpy' problem under Ultrix

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: autoconf test ': >emtpy' problem under Ultrix
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:11:55 -0800 (PST)

> From: Jim Meyering <address@hidden>
> Date: 19 Mar 2001 10:52:15 +0100
>
> I'm beginning to think that Ultrix's /bin/sh is so bad that polluting,
> er... changing autoconf to accommodate is may not be worthwhile.
> Do any of you have an idea of how big the Ultrix-using community is?

I don't really know, but I'd guess less than a thousand sysadmins
total, and of those maybe a few dozen sysadmins use autoconf-derived
scripts.

Sorry, I lost context.  Why can't we ask people to invoke
'CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh5 /bin/sh5 configure' on Ultrix?  If there's only
a few dozen users, we can just inform them of this by hand.