RE: autoconf test ': >emtpy' problem under Ultrix

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: autoconf test ': >emtpy' problem under Ultrix
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:15:17 +0100

> | Jim> Not everyone has a /dev/null.
> |
> | Huh???  What for instance?
>
> Er... Well, I guess you've caught me :-)
> I can't name one offhand.  And even if I could, it probably
> wouldn't be worth making a change.

DJGPP doesn't (didn't) have one; its bash does support it, so the
current redirecting to /dev/null works reliably.  I'm pretty sure
the current CVS DJGPP also has built-in support. But I'm not sure
if all older versions of fileutils support it as a file argument.

This shouldn't be a big issue though, as all up-to-date tools
will probably work.