Re: 2.49e problems with gcc

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: 2.49e problems with gcc
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 19:23:03 +0200

> you have to code-around it rather than simply remove them
> (can escape '[' by '[[', for instance).

Hmm - allow me to exclaim 'Duh!'.  I guess I should've been
more precise:

"I removed all changequote's, replaced the replacement quotes
by [/] and doubled existing [/]'s where appropriate. This
allowed configure to run properly (no recursion error)."

As for Akim's statement: changequote is clearly to blame here;
is there no way for autoconf to detect such problems before
invoking m4?

And as for the autoheader problem: is it supposed to fail
silently (as it does for me), or is it supposed to tell me
what went wrong (running the traces.sh it leaves behind _does_
give me output telling me where to look for problems; running
autoheader gives no output).