Re: Cross-compiler setup with autoconf and M$ CL

From: Keve Müller
Subject: Re: Cross-compiler setup with autoconf and M$ CL
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Thanks for the _fast_ help.
With your pointers I've tracked down the problem to the following.

CC=cl ./configure --host=windows32

fails, because config.guess tries to canonicalize the _build_ environment
by compiling a small code that includes <features.h> which is unavailable
with the M$ compiler.

CC=cl ./configure --build=windows32 --host=windows32

works fine, as nothing needs to be guessed by compilation.

Autoconf brilliantly sets up all the other stuff, like obj/exe suffixes,
etc.

As in my setup the configure script is called from another build
environment (Ant), I've decided to set CFLAGS, etc from within the
configure script.

The rather preliminary work can be inspected at SourceForge. The project's
name is jxUtil. The C stuff is under jxUtil/src/c

Thanks again for your support!

Keve