Re: No release for 2 years?

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: No release for 2 years?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:01:56 +0000

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> I hold the necessity of
m4-2.0 for autoconf-2.60 to be a myth.  Is that correct?  If not, why?

Yes that's correct.

The searchpath manipulation primitives of m4-2.0 are required to do away
with aclocal, which was (when m4-2.0 seemed much closer!) something that
I think Akim wanted in the next release of autoconf.

I don't know of any reason why we couldn't put out an alpha of autoconf
right now.  Then after a whole lot of platform testing, fixing any bugs
that fall out, a 2.60 release seems perfectly feasible.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}