Re: How to specify srcdir?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: How to specify srcdir?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:08:26 +0200

* Harlan Stenn wrote on Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 12:47:41PM CEST:

[ top-posting ]
> (I think the answer is to have a new type of encapsulated email response
> if one is not using "interspersed reply" - the client mail reader will
> put the response where the reader prefers.  In this case I'll have my
> mail client set up to show top-posting replies, and Ralf will set his to
> show bottom-posted replies.)

There is information loss when not replying interspersed.  As soon as
you address more than one issue, it is not readily clear what you are
replying to.  Your message for example shows this even, too.

I for one am simply more likely to just delete a message thread without
reading it further when people top-post in it, or bottom-post in it
without removing irrelevant parts.  It it more effort for me to read
them, and I am less willing to spend effort replying.  But this is
off-topic here.  I've set Reply-To: to me.