Extracting configuration info from config.status

From: Barry Leslie
Subject: Extracting configuration info from config.status
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:57:01 -0700

Hi,

I work on plug-ins for MySQL and building a plug-in out side of the MySQL
tree requires that you configure your build with the same compiler settings
as the MySQL build that you are targeting.

To do this I have created a macro that uses a --with-mysql configuration
option to give it the location the local MySQL build. This macro then reads
the  config.status file from the MySQL build to get the build flags of
interest.

The problem of course is that the format of config.status is not constant
and every time some one finds a format I haven't come across yet I need to
update the macro to handle it.

Can someone suggest a better way of doing this?

It would be really useful if there was a configure option that would allow
you to point to another location and tell configure to get it's settings
from there.

Barry