Strange build error on Mac OS X (10.6.3)

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Strange build error on Mac OS X (10.6.3)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:59:28 -0500

Hi

I am the maintainer for the autoconf port in MacPorts and a user has
reported a strange build error to me which I cannot duplicate:

Making all in emacs
WARNING: Warnings can be ignored. :-)
if test "emacs" != no; then \
          set x; \
          list='autoconf-mode.el autotest-mode.el'; for p in $list; do \
            if test -f "$p"; then d=; else d="./"; fi; \
            set x "$@" "$d$p"; shift; \
          done; \
          shift; \
          EMACS="emacs" /bin/sh ../../build-aux/elisp-comp "$@" || exit 1; \
        else : ; fi
touch: illegal option -- b
usage: touch [-acfm] [-r file] [-t [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]] file ...
open: invalid option -- q
Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-b <bundle
identifier>] [-a <application>] [filenames] [--args arguments]
Help: Open opens files from a shell.
      By default, opens each file using the default application for that file.
      If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL.
      -a                Opens with the specified application.
      -b                Opens with the specified application bundle identifier.
      -e                Opens with TextEdit.
      -t                Opens with default text editor.
      -f                Reads input from standard input and opens with TextEdit.
      -R, --reveal      Selects in the Finder instead of opening.
      -W, --wait-apps   Blocks until the used applications are closed
(even if they were already running).
          --args        All remaining arguments are passed in argv to
the application's main() function instead of opened.
      -n, --new         Open a new instance of the application even if
one is already running.
      -g, --background  Does not bring the application to the foreground.
      -h, --header      Searches header file locations for headers
matching the given filenames, and opens them.
mv: rename *.elc to ../*.elc: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [elc-stamp] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Has anyone seen anything like this before? The user is running 64bit
Mac OS X 10.6.3, and Xcode 3.2.2.

Cheers

Adam