Re: generating pc file

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: generating pc file
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:28:20 -0700

Nick Bowler <address@hidden> writes:

> However, is this really a problem in practice for anything but
> installation directory variables?  All installation directory variables
> are supposed to be overridable at make time, so they will all need
> explicit overrides (at least all the ones you are intending to
> substitute), and therefore they will all be fully expanded.

Ah, true.

This means that you're always going to pass quite a long list of overrides
to config.status, though, which sort of comes back to my feeling that it
would be nice if Automake supported this sort of thing natively rather
than requiring that people roll it themselves.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>