Re: Add clang++ to AC_PROG_CXX

From: Václav Haisman
Subject: Re: Add clang++ to AC_PROG_CXX
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 09:02:36 +0100

On 15 March 2016 at 17:35, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/04/2012 12:41 AM, Václav Zeman wrote:
>>
>> Does attached patch work for you?
>

> Following up on this old thread, I applied the attached. In practice I
> expect this doesn't matter much, as people configure with CC=clang when they
> want clang. But we should at least fall back on clang if other C or C++ or
> ObjC compilers do not work.

Cool. I do not remember exactly if this was my motivation for the
original submission but I believe this is still relevant for Cygwin
where you can AFAIK install Clang and not install GCC (which creates
the /usr/bin/cc to gcc). Without the patch, no compiler will be found
even though Clang is present. This patch fixes the situation.

--
VH