Re: Add clang++ to AC_PROG_CXX

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: Add clang++ to AC_PROG_CXX
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:22:52 -0400

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 07:13:18PM +0200, Václav Haisman wrote:
> On 31.3.2016 18:46, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > On 03/31/2016 12:31 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> >> viable compiler
> >
> > It will be viable when they release it under the GPL3.
>
> In that case, I am waiting for you to present and get through patches
> that remove aCC, cl.exe, FCC, KCC, RCC, xlC_r, and xlC as well as clang
> from the code.

That is irrelevant to the issue being address.  Just because something stupid
was done in the past doesn't mean that it should be stupidly be done in the
present.

Well, this might well be the issue to finally address all the non-viable
proprietary  complier hood,  and perhaps to clean them all out finally.
After all, this was/is a very agressive and ugly attack on GNU by Apple.

Maybe you should just turn to Apple and ask them for their tool kits.

Or better why don't you just use GCC.  What is your problem?  You have available
a perfectly fine, and superior Freedom Loving Free Software product available.
What would make you use a non-viable compiler like clang?

Reuvain