[avr-chat] off-topic?: resource URL's

From: Terry Karlson
Subject: [avr-chat] off-topic?: resource URL's
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:28:02 -0500

Hello,

I've just begun checking out the avr-libc community and resources, and
have been somewhat confused as to some of the URL linking.  The old QA
person in me thought I should summarize and relay my experience.  Not
being clear to me in all cases as to where this should be sent, I just
posted it here.

(1) The homepage of avr-libc project (http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc)
links to savannah at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc
("AVR C Runtime Library - Summary").  Is this the correct place to link
to?  It only links to the development mailing list, for example.

(2) If I happen to be starting at savannah's homepage
http://savannah.nongnu.org, and search for "avr-libc", I also get to the
"AVR C Runtime Library - Summary" as in (2) above, with the same concern.

(3) A few weeks ago, I had bookmarked a few links
(http: //www.avr1.org/*) to the avr-gcc-list info page and into the
archives.  Today, I found that these pages told me that the list had
moved to https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr.  When I go there, I
get the '"Super-Project" for AVR-related projects - Summary' page (null
umbrella project).  Clicking on "Mailing Lists" takes me to
https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=avr, which has links to avr-chat
and avr-gcc-list, the latter of which is finally what I wanted.  So, I
guess here I'm (a) idly wondering what is different about these pages
that calls for https, and (b) wondering why, if they are the ones that contain links to the non-dev mailing lists, I don't seem to be directed there from the top (i.e. as in (1) & (2) above.)

(phew)
-TK