Re: [avr-chat] off-topic?: resource URL's

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] off-topic?: resource URL's
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:32:39 +0100 (MET)

Terry Karlson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oh, what I meant was that at
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc, the link to a mailing list
> only shows the development list, not avr-chat and avr-gcc-list.

Because technically, savane (the Web GUI used on savannah) only shows
those mailing lists that have been registered on behalf of a
particular project.  The avr-libc project only has avr-libc-dev.  In
order to get the names avr-gcc-list and avr-chat accepted (according
to savannah's policy), we had to create that "Super-project" named
avr.

> OK, but then my concern becomes: how would a newcomer find these lists?
>   They're not linked to at the avr-libc homepage
> (http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc), nor from the avr-libc Savannah project
> page.

Please submit a doc enhancment request (as a bug report) so I can add
the links on the avr-libc home page.

As for the https link, that probably happened because of the admin of
avr1.org (who formerly ran the avr-gcc-list and avr-chat lists) was
logged into savannah.nongnu.org, and then did a cut&paste for the URL.
It shouldn't matter much though, the http: and https: pages are
identical anyway.