Re: [avr-chat] Which simulator to use?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Which simulator to use?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:22:57 -0600

Kitts wrote:

I am pretty new to simulators. The only one i had known was the AVRStudio provided by Atmel for free.

I have since shifted to Linux and looking for an alternative. Today i look for more of my simulator than like AVR studio. I have come across 2 such simulators, VMLab and Proteus VSM (Does Simulavr(xx) come in this category?) I would like to have all my peripherals (outside the uc) included in libraries so i can simulate in full.

I've never tried any of these so you'll have to evaluate them yourself.

There are those two you mentioned above. There's simulavr and simulavrxx too. And the only other AVR simulator I'm aware of is Avrora:
http://compilers.cs.ucla.edu/avrora/

Beyond those and AVR Studio. That's about it.

Eric