Re: [avr-chat] Which simulator to use?

From: Kitts
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Which simulator to use?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 02:06:54 +0530

On Friday 06 May 2005 10:15 pm IST, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> I only can speek for simulavrxx. It is fast enough for me which means
> it is on 800MHz
> pentium nearly at realtime (8MHz clock on AVR). And this means also a
> bit of external
> hardware like a LCD or a serial terminal. The serial terminal (2
> screens, one for Rx one for Tx)
> and the LCD (actual only 4 bit mode supported) window are written in
> stupied TCL code but it works fast enough for my personal needs. The
> simulator could included as library in
> your own programs so simulation external hardware is really easy.

simulavrxx sounds nice. II have not been able to get good info about it
on the website. I have in fact been a little confused about simulavr
and simulavrxx. Any suggestions on where to look? And how do i install
it? I only find simulavr on the debian repositories for installation on
my debian system at home.

In general i would prefer to use open source software hence simulavrxx
in place of VMlab. I am yet to decide based on capabilities.
--
Cheers!
Kitts