[avr-chat] Pin Change Interrupts and UART on Mega88

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avr-chat] Pin Change Interrupts and UART on Mega88
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:59:21 +1200

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible on a Mega88 to enable both the hardware
UART and the appropriate Pin Change Interrupt + Mask etc on the Rx pin so
that I can detect when there is activity on the UART input, causing it to
start to receive a byte?

I need to be able to tell if the UART is currently receiving a byte as part
of a collision detection scheme on a multi-master ORed Bus network. I had
thought of wiring the RX and INT0 lines together but after doing some
reading I wonder if the Pin Change interrupt might be able to detect the Rx
pin change while it is in UART mode.

Cheers

Alex Shepherd