Re: [avr-chat] Help with STK500

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Help with STK500
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:07:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Kitts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Basically i have no problem using the command line so i am not
> really looking for a simple replacement. I was more looking for a
> stk500 dialog that pops out of avrstudio.

That's what `terminal mode' is meant for.

> I just do not want to be going through the datasheets of the
> processors to know which fuse bits to program and which not to.

Oh well, given all those reports of killed fuse bits from people using
Ponyprog, you are rather seriously *recommended* to do this, otherwise
you're always at a risk.

You might have a look at avrdude-gui (on sourceforge.net), but it's
rather alpha quality still, and the author doesn't appear to have a
lot of spare-time at hand to work on it right now.