Re: [avr-chat] Pin Change Interrupts and UART on Mega88

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Pin Change Interrupts and UART on Mega88
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:08:07 +0200 (MET DST)

"Alex Shepherd" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible on a Mega88 to enable both the
> hardware UART and the appropriate Pin Change Interrupt + Mask etc on
> the Rx pin so that I can detect when there is activity on the UART
> input, causing it to start to receive a byte?

I didn't try to study the entire datasheet for it, but first, I'd
simply assume that works.  Why not?  After all, external interrupts in
other chips could also always be triggered if the respective pin was
configured as an output, and this is a documented feature.

Second, why not simply put an ATmega88 into an STK500, and just try
it?